Location: Greenwich, CT
The portfolio controller/investment guidelines officer ensures that a control framework is in place to guarantee that:
· Fund NAV’s are accurate
· Quantitative investment guidelines (either regulatory, client or internal) are exhaustively monitored at portfolio level
· Front Office positions are accurate
· Performances are consistent
· Check the accuracy of the NAV’s of funds managed.
· Check the accuracy of market prices by performing daily controls (zero prices, big movers and stale prices)
· Coordinate implementation of rules monitoring at fund launches, Client take-on, or when Investment management Agreements (IMA’s) are revised, record an Investment Guidelines Control Card in the dedicated repository and organize the access to any concerned internal funnction
· Interpret IMA’s/fund prospectuses, assess coding requirements and review exceptions generated by the guideline monitoring systems currently in operation
· Provide Portfolio Managers with relevant and accurate risk reports
· Liaise with the teams based in global locations to ensure that processes implemented locally are consistent with the global ones
· Produce and report relevant KPIs on Investment Guidelines monitoring
· Check the accuracy of static data within the transaction system (portfolio characteristics)
Control the accuracy of daily and weekly performance for all accounts (High Yield and Investment Grade) by checking the consistency of performances:
· Fund versus its benchmark
· Funds within the same GIPS composites
· Share classes of the same fund
· Investigate all performance differences and formalize the explanations
· Share the output of controls with Portfolio Managers on a weekly basis
· Must have experience in a Portfolio Control, Product Control, or related role
· Must have strong knowledge of Bond market and related products
· Experience working with fund investment guidelines and NAV calculations
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
· Solution oriented mindset, well organized, and able to work with critical deadlines
Negotiation and drafting of amendments, side letters and other legal documentation relating to OTC and exchange traded derivatives (i.e. swaps, fx, options, futures), forward settling and financing transactions (i.e. bond forwards, mortgage pools/TBAs, repurchase transactions). Review and execution of tri-party control agreements.
Day to day responsibility for the understanding and resolution of Master Confirmation ISDA agreements and related Counterparty issues and disputes such as: Market Disruption Event Provisions, Calc Agent, and Fall Back Provision
Desired Skills & Experience
Must have experience working with ISDA documentation and knowledge of interest rate (Exotic, Emerging Market), credit (CDS, Single-Name CDS), equity derivatives (digital options) and FX derivatives.
Must have experience drafting tailored contracts, amendments, side letters to various master agreements etc and ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annex.
Location: Stamford, CT
Oversee establishment, planning, execution and evaluation of projects.
- Monitor program budget
- Monitor forecasts, milestones and status reports
- Reporting to Central PMO, governance boards, and key stakeholders
- Support the production of funding requests
- Issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Monitor inter-project dependencies
- Provide training and guidance to PM's on using the PMO tools
- Organize Program steering committees
- Assist with Program resourcing and support Change Manager
- Must have 5-10 years of Project Management experience
- Working kowledge of financial markets including Derivatives, Bonds, Futures, Options, FX and Equities
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, and MS Project
Location: Stamford, CT
The Client Onboarding Team’s role is to provide front-office functions with the support that will ensure M&IB clients are onboarded to meet all required policies and regulations, and able to trade as efficiently as is practical. The role of the Client Onboarding Business Analyst is to work proactively with IT, the business and other internal functions (Credit, Legal, Tax, etc.) to provide technology enhancements to the onboarding tools.
Specific responsibilities could include; requirements documentation, user acceptance testing, system trainings, reporting and delivering special projects for the Head of Onboarding.
· Ability to build relationships with IT and other internal Functions (Sales, Credit, Legal, Tax, Compliance)
· Manage multiple simultaneous projects in a high pressure, sales and client facing environment
· Proactive, adaptable and self motivated
· Individual projects may require demonstrated ability to manage metrics for large customer lists and ability to report status to department / senior management
· Work with Onboarding, Sales and other internal functions to conduct requirements gathering sessions
· Liaise with IT to deliver business requirements and conduct user acceptance testing
· Manage specified reporting metrics and other ad-hoc queries as assigned
· Identify and attend to potential risks or issues with the objective to resolve them effectively and with as little disruption to the client as possible
· Ensure regulatory and policy requirements are fulfilled
· Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Math, or Business Preferred)
· Advanced proficiency in the following areas:
o Business Objects
o Microsoft Office suite
· Experience in Project Management/System Delivery
· Preferred, but not necessarily required experience in Operations
Location: Stamford, CT
The Head of AML Policy and Training will be accountable for the development and maintenance of, and the provision of advice related to, regional Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions Standards and procedures.
· Translating relevant policy standards into procedures and ensuring these have been approved.
· Preparing requests for EtPs to Group and submitting to the Divisional Head for their endorsement prior to seeking Group approval.
· Ensuring policies and procedures comply with applicable external laws and regulations in all the jurisdictions in which the Division operates; where these differ, ensuring the higher standard is met.
· Ensuring the periodic review (annually) of applicable AML and Sanctions and procedures.
· Ensuring ad-hoc reviews of applicable AML and Sanctions policies and procedures as a result of emerging themes and regulatory developments.
· Ensuring that the themes from the regional Assurance Program and issues tracking are considered and the regional AML and Sanctions Standards are updated accordingly.
· Ensuring updates to regional AML and Sanctions Standards are communicated on a timely basis to all relevant stakeholders.
· Supporting the business in its management of AML/STF risks, both in existing and proposed products, services and systems, through the provision of expert advice.
· Managing EtPs and making recommendations / endorsements for approval by the Regional Head of AML.
· Liaising with the Head of Policy and Head of Sanctions within Group AML and contributing and attending relevant networks and forums.
· Supporting the Regional Head of AML in taking decisions on questions of policy interpretation including transaction approval and/or on-boarding or retaining client relationships.
· Accountable for the effective delivery of the AML/STF Training Plan, which includes but is not limited to:
· Developing the annual Training Plan.
· Supporting the development of specialist/targeted regional specific training material and producing training material for AML courses where required.
· Supporting the integration of AML training modules into targeted training, web based training and new hire training.
· Supporting the monitoring of delivery against the annual learning plan for the region and modify plan as needed.
· Supporting the preparation of required training compliance reports as part of the monitoring process.
· Supporting the development of new or required amendments to existing, regional training material as a result of Policy changes, external regulatory issues and new business issues and/or to ensure the effective mitigation of business risks as needed.
· Supporting the evaluation of all AML training activity delivered within the region and/or updating any regional specific material as appropriate.
Location: Stamford, CT
This role serves as a secondary compliance contact for the International Banking business for bank regulatory issues. This is a key skill set for the firm and the Compliance department requires additional bench strength in this area to meet business demand and regulatory expectations.
• Provide guidance and advice to the International Banking business on SEC, FINRA, Federal Reserve and NY/CT state regulations and expectations.
• Provide guidance and advice to the International Banking business on internal policy requirements including Gifts and Entertainment, PA Dealing, Mandatory Block Leave, public/private issues and Supervision.
• Provide guidance to front office, risk and logistic functions on bank regulatory issues includes regulations, SR letters and examiner expectations.
• Assist in annual update of Bank Regulatory risk assessments
• Assist in annual update of IB risk assessments
• Assist in providing training on Bank Regulatory Compliance issues
• Assist in providing training on IB and Bank Regulatory Compliance issues
• Draft bank Regulatory Procedures related to Federal Reserve Act and NY/CT state regulations pertaining to GTS business
• Design and implement monitoring reports for applicable regulations triggered by GTS
• Complete daily Reg W monitoring
• Complete other periodic Bank Regulatory monitoring (eg Reg Y holdings, Reg O and L)
• Complete confirmation of monthly IB Supervisory processes
• Serve as contact for regulatory issues pertaining to plc US branches and US bank regulatory issues (eg Federal Reserve Act and NY/CT state banking regulations)
• Provide support to the Head of Business Unit Compliance and Head of International Banking Compliance on projects and assignments as required.
• Leadership role in Bank Regulatory Compliance in a major financial institution
• Exposure to US bank regulators
• Experience managing/implementing projects
• Experience with Investment banking, DCM, syndicated lending and wholesale business banking Compliance
• Bachelor of Arts/Science
• Law or other advanced degree.
• FINRA Qualifications (Series 7, 24, 27)
• Related work experience at a US bank regulator
• Expert understanding of Federal Reserve Act regulations and similar (SR letters, Bank Examination Guidelines)
• Understanding of investment and business banking products and business practices
• Detailed understanding of SEC and FINRA regulations
• Understanding of anti-money laundering concepts, regulations and practices
Location: Stamford, CT
Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS) Allocations provides comprehensive support and value-added services to Agency Pass-Through Trading Desk. The group performs these functions through judicious allocation of TBA trades. This support requires strong multi-faceted individuals, who possess the ability to learn in a fast-paced and stressful environment. It is critical that the individual has the aptitude necessary to understand the economics and behavior of mortgage products traded.
The individual will be required to establish close working relationships with the Trading Desk, Sales Desk, Clearance, Technology, Credit, Legal & Compliance and Trade Accounting.
• Manage team of Allocation Analysts; primary duties include the recruitment, setting and adjustment of compensation, hiring, training, development, setting and evaluation of performance objectives, discipline and retention of subordinate Allocation Analysts.
• Manage, supervise and exercise complete oversight authority over the performance and strategic decisions of the Allocation Analysts.
• Manage all aspects of information retention that relates to allocation process.
• Manage all aspects of the MBS allocation process, including critical 48 hour cycle.
• Strategize with trading personnel to maintain trading positions.
• Investigate and resolve position outs and fails.
• Assist in allocation and settlement of Remics, Giants, Megas, and Platinums.
• Manage maintenance and reconciliation of MBSCC trade activity.
• Manage identification and distribution of necessary information to Trading Desk, Sales Desk, customers, and Operations to resolve settlement discrepancies.
• Monitor and advise regarding position management.
• Manage subordinates’ compilation of management reporting information regarding trade activity.
• Interaction with Trading Desk and Sales Desk to assure proper implementation of allocation process.
• Interaction with Allocations, Reconciliation, and Trade Support teams to assure proper implementation of allocation process.
• Identify improvements to processes and procedures that promote efficiencies and reduce cost.
• Identify system weaknesses, partner with IT to design and implement technology solutions.
• Establish external relationships and participate in industry initiatives.
• Validate CPR claims and oversee restitution process.
This individual should possess the following characteristics:
• motivated, and hard working
• highly organized
• adept in time management
• ability to prioritize well
• excellent communication skills
• detail oriented with high degree of accuracy in all duties
• self starter
• strong follow through skills
• ability to handle multiple transactions simultaneously
• must respond well to short notice and deadlines
• strong team player
• strong management skills
Location: Stamford, CT
The Tax Operations team is responsible for ensuring that US Source tax withholding, reporting and filing obligations are met for all institutional investment banking customers in the Americas.
The Tax Operations Associate will serve as vital member of Tax Operations Team working with the Tax Operations Manager to strategize and run an effective Control Operations function.
• Execute business and regulatory compliance responsibilities in meeting core functions; including the detailed research, analysis, interpretation, documentation and communication of changing tax withholding and reporting regulations, inclusive of regulations for federal, state and local agencies.
• Support the Americas Client On-Boarding team through validation of tax forms and resolution of issues working directly with the business and clients
• Assist in the design of an enhanced withholding tax engine for all payments, including implementation of new law such as FATCA, Dodd-Frank and Hire Act.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with current year and future tax requirements
• Assist in organizing and implementing reclamation processes and procedures
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures and policies as related to tax operations and withholding tax initiatives and requirements
• Participate on tax withholding projects that focus on complying with new and existing regulatory requirements and specifications, creating productivity enhancements
• Excellent time management, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize effectively to tight and enforced Operational and annual reporting deadlines for the firm
• Ability to exercise sound and decisive judgment consistently & commitment to personal development
• Strong background and experience in tax operations related to banking and broker-dealer operations
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Taxation, Finance, or Business Administration
• Understanding of general accounting principles as they apply to the industry
• Minimum 5 years experience in the tax reporting field, including tax documentation, reporting and withholding.
• Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects
• Understanding of general process controls, and knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications and data modeling
Location: Stamford, CT
- 3 years of BA experience, working with IT and business users. Ability to draft business requirements docs, project initiation docs, operations workflows and manage project plan for mid-size implementations
- Any experience working for or as a Program Manager is a plus
- Experience creating a test pack and managing a UAT or testing phase of a project is key
- Some experience in Derivatives Operationss (Middle Office, Confirmations or Settlements) or working knowledge of derivative products is strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio and JIRA a big plus!
Location: Stamford, CT
3-7 years total experience
The Credit Markets Middle Office provides dedicated support to the Credit Markets business. The nature of this support requires strong multi-faceted individuals who are able to understand the lifecycle of the products traded as well as the systems and reporting mechanisms required to ensure full control of the operational process.
The individual will be required to establish close working relationships, at all levels, with both Front Office and Support Staff (e.g. Credit, Finance, Market Risk, Legal and IT).
¨ MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE SUPPORTING CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS IN A TRADE SUPPORT OR MIDDLE OFFICE ROLE.
¨ Ensure timely validation and affirmation of all trades
¨ Strong knowledge of Credit Default Swaps and Corporate Bonds
¨ Responsible for the integrity of all data, pricing of instruments, trade booking, trade maintenance and appropriate reconciliations
¨ EOD process including completeness and reconciliation checks
¨ Analyze trading patterns and behaviors to the support business and to help identify/escalate potential fraudulent or unusual trading activity
¨ Contribute to the documentation of all new products or structures relating to the area
¨ Technical, Analytical and Market Knowledge
¨ Ability to analyze and explain daily reports - determine reasons for change in Risk and P&L
¨ Ability to understand and assist co-workers with booking trades for credit derivative products such as:
¨ Ability to understand and set up all of the static data required to support the Credit Derivatives Business: (Curves, Models, terminology)
¨ Ability to read through and understand term sheets and confirmations
¨ Understanding the cash flows of the business and ensuring that these are properly funded
¨ Understand the key elements of other infrastructure groups i.e. Finance, Market risk, Credit risk, Operational risk, Legal, Tax and Compliance
¨ Close liaison with the trading floor to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of trader queries
¨ Support and enhance external customer relationships
¨ Work hands on to develop new systems and process solutions where gaps are identified